Monday, June 9, 2008

The Last Blog

As this is my last post for this class I would like to initially reflect on a few things that really interested me throughout the term. First and foremost I think that coming into this class I had some misconceptions of religion as a whole and now I better understand how to take a third party, non judgmental stance on different practices so thank you for that. I also want to mention which part of the class was my favorite, it was the Jane Addams story. Not only was it my favorite read considering Jane Addams had a wonderful life story, but the message it gave (to me at least) was of great importance. I truely believe that spirituality and a sense of community can give someone a purpose for life, much like a religion can. I myself take no religious stance and sometimes I wish i could; however, the idea of sharing knowledge and helping others fully prosper makes for a fulfilling life. It is a wonderful concept and I hope that sometime in the near future I can add to someone else's life, it makes me feel like I can see the true meaning of life.

Throughout the term many things have become patterns. The most obvious and important pattern to me is the idea that religion is ever changing. We talked about this in class, the fact that there is a change in time and dynamic in religion and that we are not able at all to place any religion inside a box. I feel as though it means a lot to religions and the study of them that it is so dynamic, that evolution is obvious in all aspects of life, even human culture. I really enjoy what this class has taught me. Thanks!

No comments: